This is a recipe inspired by Lebanese and Israeli cuisine. It also reminds me a lot of eggplant caponata, only without the olives. Eggplant is cooked with bell peppers, tomatoes and spices, and the result is a delicious appetizer that is best served cold. When served cool and a day later, the flavors are augmented. I like to enjoy my eggplant salad in pita bread with an avocado or dollop of Greek-style yogurt.
Enter to win NuNaturals stevia products!
The glowing benefits of the red pepper:
- is a great source of carotenoids, vitamin C, and vitamin E (antioxidants)
- contains more than twice the amount of vitamin C that is found in the same serving size of oranges
- has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory benefits
- protects vision
- wards off arthritis
- reduces cardiovascular disease, colon cancer and lung cancer
- is used in traditional Chinese medicine as a natural treatment for blood circulation, indigestion, loss of appetite, swelling, frostbite, nausea, vomiting, and phlegm and toxicities
Find the full recipe @Greatist.