I love this recipe, because it uses the grill to make an American kitchen classic, only this particular recipe for zucchini lasagna is anything but traditional. I use Mexican flavors to spice it up and keep the add-ins simple and light. It also involves grilling, something I can’t get enough of in the summer. And who knew you could make lasagna on the grill? The recipe calls for burrito cheese, because I simply love how it melts, but you can use any cheese of your choice, or replace it with a vegan alternative. Anything that melts will work well, and even a thin dust of nutritional yeast can do the trick for a cheesy taste.
Grilled Zucchini Lasagna with Caramelized Onions and Burrito Cheese
- 2-3 large zucchinis
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces burrito cheese (if not available, replace with ricotta cheese or yogurt)
- 16 ounces your favorite thick marinara sauce, heated
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
Now that you have all the ingredients, check out the full recipe @Greatist!
Follow and Like me