Granola is a staple in my life, but I find it hard to find a brand that does the snack justice, using ingredients that make it healthy rather than an indulgence. The following homemade granola recipe uses pure ingredients that are sweetened with brown rice syrup and maple sugar, making for a lightly sweet and incredibly filling and dense granola. Enjoy this granola as is or with almond milk as a cereal!
Homemade Granola Recipe
Makes about 4 cups
- 2.5 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped if necessary
Directions: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add all of the wet ingredients, stirring constantly until completely thin and evenly combined. Once boiled, reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, toss all the dry ingredients together and then pour the wet mixture while it is still warm atop. Stir until evenly combined and all the dry ingredients are covered well with the wet ingredients.
Spread on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring every so often in order to ensure an even bake. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving. Add in the dried fruit, toss and serve once cooled. I like to eat mine as a cereal with homemade almond milk!
Follow and Like me