This recipe is fuss-free and full of character. All they take are 10 minutes in the oven and then theyâ€™re ready to pick up and chomp. Last week I couldnâ€™t get enough of roasted pepper, but I tended to make them a component of a dish, rather than the main spectacle. These Open-Face Red Pepper Melts give the bell peppers star power and accents them only with a bit of crumbled cheese, spices and herbs.
The glowing benefits of the red pepper:
- is a great source of carotenoids, vitamin C, and vitamin E (antioxidants)
- contains more than twice the amount of vitamin C that is found in the same serving size of oranges
- has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory benefits
- protects vision
- wards off arthritis
- reduces cardiovascular disease, colon cancer and lung cancer
- is used in traditional Chinese medicine as a natural treatment for blood circulation, indigestion, loss of appetite, swelling, frostbite, nausea, vomiting, and phlegm and toxicities
Open-Face Red Pepper Melts
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake roast vegetarian red pepper goat cheese parsley garlic powder party
Ingredients (3 servings)
- 3 long red bell peppers
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Parsley for garnish
Chop off the stems of the peppers, open them so they are flat against the table surface and remove the flesh and seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, crumble soft cheese on top of each pepper and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 10 minutes.
Serve with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Follow and Like me